Under the Alberta Traffic Safety Act and the Village of Holden Off-Highway Vehicle Bylaw, quads, snowmobiles and other off-road vehicles are prohibited from operation in the Village unless they are driven under the following conditions:
- Use a road or alley only to leave from and return to the Village by the most direct route from your residence
- Use a roadway only—No driving in parks, grassy areas, or on vacant land within Village limits (this includes the Sports Grounds, Campground, Gazebo Park, and any other public spaces)
- Qualified Operators only (must have a valid Operator’s License, including a Graduated Drivers License)
- Drive on the right side of the road, single file
- Maximum 30 kilometers per hour
- Operate between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm only
- At least one headlight & one taillight ON while driving
- Operator & passengers must wear a safety helmet
- Joy-riding in the Village or using an Off-Highway Vehicle as regular transportation is not permitted
For full text of the Off-Highway Vehicle Bylaw click here... and select the bylaw from the list of Municipal Bylaws.
If residents observe any off-highway vehicles in local parks, public places, or speeding on roadways, they should report directly to the Tofield RCMP.
The Village Office has reported recent incidents to the RCMP and requested follow-up action. See flyer below for a summary of the Bylaw requirements.