All dogs over 6 months of age require a license in Holden.
Under Animal Control Bylaw, No. 6-2014, the License Fee for dogs is:
- $15 for first-time registration and tag
- Annual tag renewal is $15, if paid by February 28
- If paid in March to December, the annual renewal is $20 (late fee added)
- Fines of $30 - $40 may also be levied against owners who fail to license their dogs, or renew their license
License tags are available at the Village office.
Annual Renewal fees will be invoiced and may be paid in person at the Village office or sent in by mail. Call 780-688-3928 if you have any questions.
- The Bylaw does not require a license for cats
- An voluntary license is available for $15, to assist with re-claiming a pet cat in case of loss or trapping
To find a copy of the Animal Control Bylaw, click here...