You are here
Financial Statements for 2016 are now available on line or can be picked up at the Village office during business hours.
Council passed first reading of the Public Behaviour Bylaw at the April 18/17 regular meeting and second reading in May.
Council has received mixed reaction from the public to the concept of the bylaw, so will defer a final decision until they have an opportunity to discuss this further at an open house.
A copy of the bylaw is attached below.
Alberta has a new Energy Savings Program.
Energy Efficiency Alberta’s trained installers will be in the field starting this April. You can sign up now to have energy efficient product upgrades installed in your home. When they visit, the trained installers will—at no charge—install energy-savings products that will allow you to save money right away. These products—lightbulbs, faucet aerators, and smart thermostats—will help your home become more energy efficient.
To find out more, go to their website, via the link below:
All dogs over 6 months of age require a license in Holden.
Under Animal Control Bylaw, No. 6-2014, the License Fee for dogs is:
- $15 for first-time registration and tag
- Annual tag renewal is $15, if paid by February 28
- If paid in March to December, the annual renewal is $20 (late fee added)
- Fines of $30 - $40 may also be levied against owners who fail to license their dogs, or renew their license
License tags are available at the Village office.
...is dumped in an alley!
Yes, sometimes we hold a "Large Item Pick Up" day, but it is scheduled for twice a year and items are to be placed on the front street. Residents are notified, and the scheduled pick up is offered as a public service.
If you see anyone dropping off large items in an alley in Holden, please take down a license number and contact the Village Office. This is an illegal act, and the garbage trucks are not going to pick up anything left outside of the bins.
- Village of Holden Property Taxes may be paid on a monthly installment plan. Bank auto-debit can be set up, or other options are available. Contact Laurie at the Village office for further information; 780-688-3928.