You are here

Development Permits

Development Permits are issued by the Village of Holden for any form of new development, change of use, alterations, or additions, among other activities that are all part of "Development".

For more information see the Permits section, under Economic Development, or the check out the full Land Use Bylaw under About Holden / Municipal Bylaws.


Recycle Bin Re-Location


Has Moved to:

5036-49 Avenue

(Across from Gazebo Park Main Entrance)

This Bin is Provided for PAPER & CARDBOARD Recycling only.

NO DUMPING of GARBAGE or Other Waste.

All abuse is Reported to the RCMP - If you notice any illegal dumping in town, please report to the Village office at 780-688-3928.


Off-Highway Vehicles

Under the Alberta Traffic Safety Act and the Village of Holden Off-Highway Vehicle Bylaw, quads, snowmobiles and other off-road vehicles are prohibited from operation in the Village unless they are driven under the following conditions:

General Family Counselling Services - Viking/Beaver FCSS

Viking/Beaver FCSS offers General Family Counselling services through our counsellor Rupinder Bains. The program responds to: 

Stress/Anxiety/Coping Difficulties, Anger Management, Marital Problems, Depression, Separation/Divorce, Parenting/Family, Behavourial Difficulties, Grief/Loss, Post Traumatic Stress, Adult Children of Alcoholics, Intergenerational Issues and more. 

Lots for Sale

Holden has a number of vacant lots for sale.

  • 50' x 140' or Larger
  • $20,000 each
  • All services close by (in the street or alley, some to property line)
  • If developed within 18 months, a rebate is available on the cost of the lot ($5,000 residential / $8,000 commercial-with condition on value)

For details see the Lots for Sale section of Economic Development


Subscribe to Village of Holden RSS